Raw Food Workshops at The Vine Retreat
Yoga and raw food seem to go hand in hand these days. The high nutritional value of raw food works well with the intense practice of yoga and fuels you during the sessions.
Last week, we ran a raw food workshop in conjunction with Yoga! Phnom Penh during their yoga retreat at The Vine Retreat.
“Giving customers an introduction to whole, plant-based nutrition is a great way to show them small steps they can take in their everyday life to incorporate more raw into their diet” said Emma Fountain, who hosted the workshop. During the workshop, guests have the opportunity to learn practical tips, nutritional information and recipes.
Here is one of the recipes demonstrated during the workshop:
Chocolate Bliss Balls (makes 12 balls)
- 1.5 cups of raw seeds (I use a mix of sunflower, pumpkin and seseme seeds)
- 2 cups of mixed dried dates, raisins and apricots
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp raw tahini
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- Small pinch of Himalayan salt
- Put seeds into a food processor and blitz until they are ground, but not powdered
- Add dried fruits and mix until soft
- Add chia seeds and goji berries and mix again
- Add raw cacao and salt over the mixture and blend until well combined
- Add tahini, a little at a time (you don’t want the mixture to be too wet)
- Roll into balls, either as they are or in a mixture of shredded coconut and cinnamon, or sesame seeds or raw cacao powder if you wish.
- Set aside in the refrigerator for a couple of hours and then enjoy. They make a great energy snack straight from the freezer!
Check out our retreat calendar on our website to find out when the next workshop is!